What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment that moves your teeth over time, by using a series of clear, close-fitting plastic aligner trays. These sequential aligners are designed to move your teeth a small amount each time, and are made of medical grade, BPA-free plastic.
Using computer-aided design and manufacturing, each set of aligners are customised and tailored to each individual. One of the biggest advantages of using Invisalign is that the aligners barely noticeable, keeping your orthodontic treatment discreet. Invisalign aligners are relatively comfortable & removable for cleaning.
Aligners need to be worn for the entire day, except for when eating and brushing teeth, for them to be most effective. It’s best to wear them as your dentist instructs, so to avoid any delay and duration of treatment. Treatment duration depends on the severity of the problem and can take anywhere from 3 to 24 months.
Is Invisalign right for me?
Invisalign has been on the market for more than 20 years. Throughout this time, the product has improved and been refined, making it more effective at straightening teeth.
Invisalign's revolutionary aligners can be used to treat most problems affecting your teeth, both major and minor. At UC Dental, we recommend Invisalign to patients who:
- Want a quick fix - If all you have is a slightly crooked front tooth or an annoying gap between one of your front six teeth, then Invisalign aligners could correct this in as little as three to six months.
- Want orthodontic treatment to fit in with their lifestyle – Our Invisalign patients get the added bonus of not needing to be self-conscious about wearing braces.
- \Want to achieve the smile they've always dreamed of - Invisalign treatment is especially popular among our adult patients as it makes having orthodontic treatment easy and very discreet.
Benefits of Invisalign
- No brackets or archwires, just clear aligners.
No breakages - No need to take time off school or work for emergency appointments.
- The aligners are custom-made to your teeth so are comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easy to brush and floss your teeth.
- Made from virtually invisible, medical-grade plastic – no one will be able to tell you’re having orthodontic treatment.
- Less restriction – Because you can remove Invisalign aligners you’re not as restricted with your diet as you are when wearing traditional metal braces.
- Fewer appointments – Most Invisalign patients require fewer orthodontic appointments than patients wearing traditional metal braces.
The first step to achieving your beautifully straight smile is to visit one of our dentists for your initial comprehensive examination. During this appointment, our dentist will assess your current condition and recommend your personalised course of treatment with Invisalign. You will also be provided with an individual treatment plan detailing the procedure and all costs involved. From there, you can decide to begin the evaluation process, which involves taking a series of impressions and photos of your teeth. These are sent to Invisalign headquarters in the United States, who will provide us with a 3D digital simulation of your potential result. Your follow up consultation to review and approve the procedure based on the simulated result is free of charge.
To get started on your journey towards a straight smile, BOOK NOW for your initial consultation!